Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dog whisperer and worm lover

I love that my daughter is a true dog whisperer. She whispers things into dogs' ears. She really does. And they seem to listen...or maybe the dog treats she gives them has something to do with their listening abilities. Today at lunch she yelled out to our neighbor's dog "Watch me Jax, I'm eating tortellini!" followed by about twenty (and I'm not exaggerating) "Hi Jax" es. Ahh, I can only smile. It really is adorable.

Now she just ran in all excited - a worm dangling from her fingers. She loves earthworms. She really does. I can barely believe it, coming from the girl whose mission when she was one was to go around with Grammy and "get the bugs." I can still see her holding her little water bottle filled with water and Dawn dish soap as she walked around Grammy's house spraying box elders and asian beetles.  And she fears spiders, flies and anything else. Worms aren't true bugs anyways, are they? I'm not an expert so I wouldn't know, but they don't seem to fit into that bug category.

So unpredictable. I love that. She'll always keep you guessing. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment