Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bolt

A child takes off in a department store...in the women's clothing area with all the racks and obstacles that impair vision...is there anything in those five seconds of unknown that can scare and infuriate a parent more? Yesterday my daughter was right by my side than all of a sudden decided to bolt...even though I ran out right after her, I couldn't see her anywhere and she wasn't acknowledging my calls. It would be an understatement to say that I felt fear. A million thoughts and images ran through my mind in those few short moments. I thought I was going to start crying uncontrollably right then and there. Then I see a little body come flying my way. Now I felt anger. It's amazing how quickly the fear can turn to anger...although maybe it is still one and the same...I picked her up and louder than I've ever spoken in a department store told her to "NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! EVER!!" It took a while to calm down my beating heart...it's a good thing this doesn't happen very often, not sure how much a parent's heart could handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment